It may sometimes take approximately 3 to 4 months to obtain Employment Pass. You need to prepare a lot of documents and the process is very complicated even if it is not the first application for you. We will help you to prepare the required documents and handle application procedure on behalf of you so that you can obtain Employment Pass and Dependent Visa smoothly. We would be glad to help you regardless whether you already have local subsidiaries in Malaysia or not.
- Create an ESD account – 1 to 2 months.All companies are required to create an ESD (Expatriate Service Division) account at the Immigration authorities before any new application can be made.
- Interview with immigration authorities
After creation of an ESD account, interview shall be held with immigration authorities at the immigration office in Putrajaya.
- Employment Pass Application – Approximately 1 to 2 months
We can proceed with submission of Employment Pass application.
Please ensure the following matters in advance
1. Requirements for application of Employment Pass
It is important to ensure that your company meets the requirements for application of Employment Pass. The most typical requirement is the following capital amount.
|100% local capital||250 thousand ringgit|
|Joint venture between local and foreign capital (over 30% foreign capital)||35 million ringgit|
|100% Foreign capital||500,000 ringgit|
|A company with a foreign capital of 51% or more performing a specific business (* 2) under the jurisdiction of MDTCC (* 1)||1 million ringgit|
|When applying for employment pass of a foreigner occupying an important post such as Managing Director at a joint venture company with foreign capital||500,000 ringgit (per share held by foreign capital)|
- ※1：MDTCC refers to Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and. Consumerism: MDTCC.
- ※2：Specific industries refer to restaurant business, retail, general trading, wholesale, consultancy and many other industries. Please refer here to check other industries.
Specific license and local capital are required depending on the industries, so you need to check with competent ministries in advance.
2. Requirements for individual VISA
Even company meets “the requirements for application of Employment Pass” stated above, you will get nothing if applicant does not meet the requirements. Please kindly check if applicant meets the following requirements.
- Monthly salary of RM5,000 or above
- Employment period is more than 24 months
- Applicant is a university graduate or above and has more than 3 years of experience in the area related to a degree.
Alternatively, applicant has a diploma or associate’s degree and has more than 5 years of experience in the related area.
Alternatively, applicant has qualification in special skill (such as cooking license) and has more than 7 years of experience in the related area.
The requirements stated in 3 are just for guidance, and there are cases that applicant could get VISA even though he or she does not meet the requirements.
It depends on the industries and positions, but the most important thing is to explain and make authorities understand that the position needs to be taken by the applicant and can’t be substituted by Malaysian.